Have you ever taken the time to look at the ingredients in your pet’s food? Dr. Judy Morgan has, and she was horrified by what she found. A holistic veterinarian, veterinary acupuncturist, chiropractitioner, and food therapist, she is passionate about spreading the truth about what’s really in most pet food.
In addition to hosting two radio shows and a Facebook Live series called Breakfast with Spaniels, Judy has written four books on having healthy pets, including her latest entitled Yin & Yang Nutrition for Dogs: Maximizing Health with Whole Foods, Not Drugs. Tune in to today’s episode to hear her share why assessing your pet’s food is so important, advice for ensuring your pet stays healthy, and so much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The disturbing truth about what’s in most pet food.
- How to tell if what you’re feeding your pet is good quality.
- Why dry kibble is not good for cats.
- What’s really in “grain free” food.
- How often you really need to vaccinate your animals.
- Where holistic medicine tends to make more difference than traditional medicine.
- How Dr. Judy Morgan turned her life around by changing her own diet.
- The best resource for pet food information.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
[spp-tweet tweet=”The pet food industry is really a repository for the waste products of the human food industry. – @integratedpets”] [spp-tweet tweet=”If you see a ton of advertising on TV for a pet food company, you can bet their ingredients are not so hot because all their money is going into advertising, not the ingredients. – @integratedpets”] [spp-tweet tweet=”If you can pronounce everything on the label and it’s food that you’ve heard of, then it’s fine. – @integratedpets”]
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Find Dr. Judy Morgan: Website | Twitter | Facebook
- From Needles to Natural: Learning Holistic Pet Healing by Judy Morgan D.V.M.
- Yin & Yang Nutrition for Dogs: Maximizing Health with Whole Foods, Not Drugs by Judy Morgan D.V.M. and Hue Grant
- Canine Kitchen Capers: A Humorous Look at Preparing Food for Dogs (& Spouses) by Judy Morgan D.V.M.
- What’s For Dinner, Dexter?: Cooking For Your Dog Using Chinese Medicine Theory by Judy Morgan D.V.M. and Tonya Wilhelm
- Subscribe to the Podcast in: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play