What are the super foods that you should be eating? Best-selling author and nutritionist Karen Mayo explains how to lose weight the healthy way in this episode. Growing up on a farm in Pennsylvania, she learned early to eat what’s in season, and to eat like our ancestors did over 100 years ago for optimum health.
Her book, Mindful Eating: Thirty Days to a Whole New You, gives a fresh look at eating, weight loss, and management. Karen explains the importance of a balanced diet and eating foods that are grown organically, whenever possible. She shares how to satisfy your sweet tooth with ‘good’ chocolate, and the joys of beekeeping.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll :earn In Today’s Episode:
- What the super foods are that you should be eating
- Four fantastic sugar substitutes
- The importance of eating locally
- How to tell where produce came from and if it’s organic or grown with pesticides
- Why Karen likes to eat chia seeds daily
- The importance of journaling
- How much weight can you safely lose in a month
- What is mindful eating
- Why diets don’t work
Ideas Worth Sharing: