The goal for today’s episode is to have a real conversation about race. It’s a touchy topic these days, especially when there is so much in the news about the racial divide in the U.S. But it’s an important topic that deserves open and honest dialogue.
So to help me in this discussion is a longtime friend of mine, Maria DeGennaro. Maria is a working mom of three children who has been married for 30 years. She also happens to be biracial. Given that her perspective comes from having her feet in both the black and white worlds, she’s the perfect guest to be a part of this somewhat delicate conversation.
Tune in to hear her take on some of today’s most heated debates.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- When it first hit Maria that she wasn’t the same as all her predominantly white friends.
- Maria’s worst experience with racism.
- Advice for parents with a biracial child.
- The best advice Maria has received.
- How Maria feels about football players kneeling for the national anthem.
- Maria’s personal habit that contributes to her success.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Find Patti: Team Stueckler | Facebook | Twitter
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Subscribe to the Podcast in: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: