Just because you’ve committed to a career for a long time, doesn’t mean you can’t be successful in a new one. Today’s podcast guest, Gina Scarda was among the finest as a police for the NYPD until she retired from the force at the age of 46 and shifted to an acting career as well as becoming a life coach and motivational speaker.
Gina shares her experience being a police officer, including being an undercover prostitute and dealing with emotionally disturbed people. She also shares the crucial moment when she decided to pursue her dreams of acting and the steps she took to achieve success.
In today’s interview you’ll hear insight into the triumphs and challenges to reinventing yourself, how to make significant changes and some of the roadblocks Gina had to overcome to reinvent herself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What it was like for Gina to be a female police officer in New York City.
- Where Gina was when 9/11 happened, and how it still affects her and countless others even this day.
- One of Gina’s most memorable experiences on the job, which involved a 300-pound naked man in Dunkin Donuts.
- How a conversation with her daughter led to Gina’s a-ha moment in pursuing her dreams.
- The journey Gina took before finally pursuing acting, including getting a real estate license and becoming a health counselor.
- The small steps Gina took to go towards her dreams of acting.
- Why Gina decided to pursue comedy first and how it helped to build her confidence.
- What Gina suggests everyone do when they want to start pursuing their dreams.
- Why you’ll face roadblocks from friends and family members and you can overcome them.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Find Patti: Team Stueckler | Facebook | Twitter
- Gina Scarda: GinaScarda.com | Instagram| Twitter
- Gina’s acting shows – The Italian Chicks
- Subscribe to the Podcast in: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: